How to Hire a Mover
In order to choose the bestmover for your needs, you should research companies and read the reviews on their websites or on the BBB. Ask friends and family members to weigh in on movers they have hired for their own moves. The cost of moving will vary by service and distance, but what you mainly want input on is the movers’ professionalism and, most importantly, whether the belongings arrived at the destination safe and sound.
Questions to Ask a Mover
- Is your company licensed and insured? This is particularly important if you are moving into an apartment building—the property manager will likely require a copy before your moving day is approved.)
- Do you charge an hourly or flat rate? Keep in mind that there might be a minimum number of hours required for a mover to accept a job, and that the hours will also include transit.
- Are you experienced in moving (a particular object)? There’s a reason that piano moving companies exist. If you have delicate or priceless objects that go beyond the traditional piles of boxes, you will need to ensure that the movers you choose have experience.
- When and how do you want to be paid? It is not uncommon to pay a deposit to secure your moving date, particularly if you are moving during a peak season. If you are paying the remainder of the bill on the day of the move, make sure that you are ready with the moving company’s preferred method of payment.
- Packing up and moving your belongings to a new home can be a stressful endeavor, but to a professional moving company it’s all in a day’s work. Experienced movers can get all of your belongings from point A to point B safely and without putting your own back at risk. Whether you have a small apartment or a sprawling home to pack up, professional movers are key to a stress-free move.
There are many moving companies to choose from, but this guide can help you figure out how to find the most suitable movers for your relocation needs giving you the knowledge to research the best moving companies for you.
Professional movers can save you time and energy during the relocation process—but only if they conduct themselves with the utmost professionalism and courtesy. If you hire inexperienced movers, you could add to your stress level instead.
Hiring a moving company means that you are entrusting professionals with your personal belongings. Therefore, aside from determining how much they charge for your move, there are other qualifications you will want to research before booking your movers.
The job of a professional movers and packers in Dubai is a physically demanding one, so a healthy, strong body is truly the biggest qualification for this job. If a company has been in business for some time, you can likely trust that the owners hire the right people for their clients.
Licensure and Insurance
Moving companies often use large trucks to transport their clients’ belongings, so their employees will likely be required to earn a commercial driver’s license (CDL).
Movers are tasked with loading those trucks with your personal belongings, many of which are expensive, sentimental, or both. Therefore, companies must be licensed and insured in the unfortunate case that something gets damaged or left behind.