Udyam Registration is a government-initiated process for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in India. Here are some of the benefits of Udyam Registration:
- Access to government schemes and subsidies: Once you have Udyam registration, you become eligible for various government schemes and subsidies such as reduced interest rates on loans, tax exemptions, and easier access to credit.
- Bank loans and credit: With Udyam Registration, you can easily apply for bank loans and credit facilities. Banks and other financial institutions offer various incentives to Udyam registered businesses, making it easier for them to obtain credit.
- Government tenders: Udyam registration can also help you participate in government tenders. The government has set a target of 25% of its procurement to be from SMEs, and Udyam registered businesses have a better chance of securing government contracts.
- Legal benefits: Udyam registration is a legal identity of your business, which makes it easier for you to apply for licenses and permits. It also protects your business from fraud and theft.
- Export incentives: Udyam registered businesses can avail various export incentives offered by the government such as export promotion capital goods scheme (EPCGS) and duty drawback.
- Better market access: Udyam registration can also help you access new markets and expand your business. Many private companies also prefer to work with Udyam registered businesses, which can lead to new business opportunities.
What is udyam registration
Udyam registration is a process introduced by the Indian government to register small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in the country. It replaced the earlier registration process known as the MSME registration. Udyam registration is voluntary and can be done online through the Udyam Registration Portal (https://udyamregistration.co/).
SMEs that are registered under Udyam are classified as per their annual turnover and can be categorized as Micro, Small, or Medium Enterprises. The eligibility criteria for Udyam registration is based on the investment and turnover of the enterprise.
The Udyam registration process is simple and requires basic details such as Aadhaar number, PAN number, bank details, and business-related information. Once registered, SMEs can avail of various benefits and schemes provided by the government such as credit guarantee scheme, collateral-free loans, subsidies, tax exemptions, and other financial support.
Udyam registration provides SMEs with a unique identity and legal recognition, which enhances their credibility and visibility in the business world. It also makes it easier for them to participate in tenders issued by the government and public sector undertakings (PSUs), which opens up new business opportunities. Overall, Udyam registration is a useful tool for SMEs to grow and succeed in the highly competitive business environment in India.
Additionally Read – udyam registration for startup companies